Software Engineer - Training Specialist - Ruby on Rails
Technical Educator with Rails and JS/React Experience
Power is looking for a Technical Educator to join our team at our headquarters, just outside of Philadelphia, PA. We are reinventing the home remodeling industry and to do that, we need to build out our internal Technical Education program.
As a Technical Educator at Power, you will play a critical role in training motivated Power employees into full stack web developers, with the assistance of a partnership with a renowned coding academy and their award winning curriculum. You will mentor student developers course work, enhance and revise our curriculum, and play a major part in the lives of the individuals whom you teach.
As a developer at Power, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging technology problems and design solutions that are lasting, sustainable and positive. You will get to work alongside other top talent, including our growing team of application architects, UX designers, engineers and awesome developers. You will be expected to bring your knowledge to help us build and deliver highly visible products and help grow and mentor other team members.
Come be part of an amazing team and see what it’s like to brag about where you work.
What we do here
At Power, our technology team builds a custom suite of products that run our entire business. We create and deploy complete solutions for marketing, sales, operations, finance and more. We even have a custom communications platform that connects everyone in the company. We use cutting edge technologies like augmented reality, computer vision, machine learning, speech recognition and processing, geospatial data and a variety of mobile platforms.
We enjoy all the benefits of a startup to move fast, ship rapidly and iterate quickly, but within an established organization that is well-funded and profitable. We get to dip our toes in many different, fascinating areas and solve unique, challenging problems that could on their own be standalone apps or companies. We’re a tech powerhouse hidden inside a remodeling company.
We value diversity of all types at Power and our team is made up of a kind, thoughtful group of people with a wide range of backgrounds. We actively try to find people with different perspectives and experiences to the ones we already have. We train existing Power employees to become our own entry level web developers.
Power has been awarded Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT, Fortune Magazine’s #1 Workplace for Millennials, one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work, one of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and Philadelphia Magazine Coolest Companies.
- 2+ years teaching a boot coding camp or related educational experience
- 2+ years Rails experience
- 1+ years JS and React experience
- Enjoys writing, editing technical instructions, refactoring code, building lessons based on technical objectives
- Solid communication, collaboration and mentoring skills to work with a range of colleagues
- Strong interest in continued personal and professional development, inclusive of learning new programming languages and technologies
- Experience incorporating automation and integration testing
- Our ideal candidate will have some experience with Bootstrap and GraphQL
- Also preferred, is experience with databases MySQL, Redis, LDAP, ElasticSearch, and/or InfluxDB
- Experience with Git and Github, a plus
- Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program matched by Power
- Competitive salary
- All the tech you need - We'll pay for whatever hardware and software you need to work and make sure you're regularly upgraded to the latest versions
- Personal development - Personal development books, courses and conferences
- Paid parental leave - When the time comes to welcome a new member of the family, we offer paid parental leave
- 3 events per year focused on internal development and improvement
- Corporate Headquarters, outside of Philadelphia, PA.
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.