INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Are you a creative, compelling copywriter who makes even the most mundane information sound like must-see TV? Do you relish in turning lengthy, technical information into simple, succinct, and digestible content? Are your headlines so charming that your audience can’t resist reading the rest?
We’re a full-service, in-house communications agency within the nation’s largest and highest-rated residential remodeler seeking a copywriter to craft engaging and effective long and short-form copy that educates, motivates, and inspires our internal audience. Recognized by Glassdoor, FORTUNE, Inc., and Entrepreneur magazine as one of the top workplaces in the country, we frequently rank ahead of companies like Google and Facebook. Power is growing quickly—opening 10 new offices in the next five years and eclipsing $1B in annual revenue.
As an Internal Communications Coordinator, you will work directly with other divisions of our organization to create compelling content that informs, motivates and inspires our fast-growing team of over 3,000 employees across 17 different territories.You will be empowered to infuse elements of storytelling into all your work while upholding the integrity of our brand voice and mission. We’re seeking a proactive taskmaster, team player, and strategic + creative thinker who embraces feedback and is constantly evolving.
The ideal candidate will have 3 - 5 years of professional copy and content writing experience. This role works closely with the entire marketing communications team, including production, design, photography, social media, media relations and digital marketing, while reporting to the Internal Communications Sr. Manager. You will work in a hybrid office environment. Some travel may be required.
- Collaborate with executives, department leaders, and internal subject matter experts to research and gather relevant information/supporting data to create long-form content, including but not limited to, keynote presentations, training manuals, email communications, info-graphics, websites, sales brochures, instructional videos, and more.
- Able to take lengthy product jargon, scripting, concepts, and processes and explain them to a lay audience in clear, digestible steps.
- Ability to adapt writing style between instructional, long-form content and inspirational, engaging short-form copy.
- Possess strong self management skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, consistently delivering a high quality product within the project deadlines.
- Be a positive, inspiring, and valuable addition to our creative team while fostering a culture of respect, inclusion, empathy, and support.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in English, Education, Journalism, Advertising & Communications, or a related field.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant professional experience, agency background a plus.
- Strong portfolio representing a range of copywriting styles.
- Expertise creating content in Pages, Keynote, and Numbers.
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional grammar, punctuation, proofing, and editing skills.
The Salary & Perks
- Salary Range: $55,000 - $70,000
- Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans with immediate digital access to physicians across the U.S.
- Paid Parental Leave and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
- Free health screenings and rewards for participation in wellness programs
- Ample paid vacation and holidays
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program, matched by Power.
- An artfully designed office space to match your creative drive
- Free food and entertainment on every first Friday of summer
- Opportunities to further develop skills and attend leadership conferences and summits
- A robust social program filled with events, and activities, including a company trip to a tropical destination for you and a significant other.
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.