Power Home Remodeling group is a leader in the home remodeling industry, and has a robust technical infrastructure built to support both employees and customers. Power has a strong focus on company culture, teamwork, and the ability for everyone to contribute to achieving goals.
Power is looking for an experienced Cisco/Cisco Meraki Wireless Engineer to work in our Site Reliability Department at our headquarters location in Chester, PA. SREs at Power build and maintain the infrastructure that supports our mission-critical applications. The SRE department has a strong focus on automation, scalability, networking, storage, as well as deploying and managing core infrastructure applications, such as orchestration platforms, logging and metrics. The primary responsibilities of an SRE is to deploy and manage existing infrastructure, as well as guarantee the security, stability, and availability of existing applications and infrastructure.
Power is a fast growing company, and we are looking to onboard more experienced technical engineers to help expand our capabilities. SREs at Power will work with a focused and dedicated team of IT professionals to achieve their goals.
- Maintain, upgrade, and monitor Cisco wireless controllers as well as Cisco Meraki wireless infrastructure
- Participate in a 24/7 on call rotation using PagerDuty to respond to and resolve problems and incidents
- Performing wireless surveys; pre-plans and site surveys.
- Troubleshoot potential wireless connectivity issues, on site and remotely.
- Design wireless topologies using Ekahau Pro Software
Required Soft Skills:
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a team
- Ability to work in a Agile environment to track work and progress
- Ability to propose and implement wireless technologies
Required Technical Experience:
- More than 3 years experience with Cisco/Cisco Meraki wireless technologies (CCNA routing and switching or equivalent)
- More than 3 years experience working with Cisco routing and switching (CCNA Wireless certification or equivalent)
- Hands on experience with hardware and physical datacenter
- Experience with Cisco 5k WLC controller
- Experience with installing and troubleshooting Cisco Aironet 1852 Access points
- Visualization of application and system metrics
- Ability to effectively diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues
- Designing, planning, expanding, and managing a wireless technical environment
- Working with and troubleshooting 802.1X protocol
- Writing applications in Python (or similar language)
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with wireless survey concepts and techniques
- Strong knowledge of RF technologies and protocols
Nice to Have But Not Required Skills:
- Scripting in Ansible or similar language
- Ability to define and implement SLO/SLIs
- Capacity planning and expansion
- Linux management and automation (Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS)
- Git work flow
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMWare, OVirt)
- Working with centralized logging infrastructure
- Have participated in a 24/7 on call rotation
- Experience with Cisco NX-OS
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.