Under general supervision, the Workers Compensation Administrator is responsible for timely processing of workers' compensation claims; evaluating accident reports to determine accuracy and completeness and to ensure an adequate investigation. Effectively communicates with employees, managers, insurance carriers, brokers, medical staff, lawyers, facilities, and risk management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures timely reporting of data and follow-up of workers compensation claims with the insurance carrier and federal and/or state agencies as applicable.
- Updates and maintains employee records and compliance of Nitro, personnel, and medical files.
- Performs data entry of workers compensation reports and associated tracking.
- Reviews accident reports to identify patterns of injury to determine whether unsafe conditions contributed to the accident; advises the Safety Manager of trends in injuries and information that will aid in reducing accidents and improve safety.
- Communicates policies and claims information to employees, insurance carriers, and vendors verbally and in writing.
- Acts as a liaison with vendors, brokers and the insurance company.
- Maintains and further develops a working knowledge of the Workers' Compensation regulations and other applicable state/federal statutes.
- Examines employee files to answer inquiries and provides information to authorized persons such as with verbal and written verifications. Compiles data from personnel and medical files.
- Prepares ad hoc reports and presentations as needed.
- Assists with communicating employment related policies and procedures to employees and Power’s management.
- Assists with various research projects and/or other special projects as assigned by Management.
- Extremely organized
- Proficient computer skills
- Eager to learn
- Manage multiple cases/projects simultaneously
- Assimilate and recall with marked proficiency facts, figures and descriptions, and to search for and obtain information
- Customer service oriented
- Work well in a team environment but also independently
- Strong written, verbal, and quantitative skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree required and at least two years of related work experience preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
The Workers Compensation Administrator works in an office environment. Some travel may be required.
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.