Power Home Remodeling is a company founded on equal parts hard work and positivity. We believe that “dream” and “achieve” are not mutually exclusive. That philosophy has served us well in becoming FORTUNE Magazine’s #1 Workplace for Millennials and one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
90% of our executives begin their careers in entry-level positions because we recruit, train, and retain talented individuals with a drive to succeed. Power is more than a home remodeling company. Power is a dream realization, technology-innovation, community-advocacy, expectation-shattering, happiness-maximizing company dedicated to improvement, both for our customers, and ourselves.
We are looking for out-going and socially graceful candidates with an interest in the marketing, events or arts industry.
The ideal candidate will be able to work a full time during the summer months, and the ability to work during the school year part time.
The intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of event management.
The ideal candidate for this position has:
• Excellent written, verbal and negotiation skills
• Proven ability to manage and direct groups of people in an event atmosphere
• Works well in a group atmosphere as well as independently with minimal supervision
Required Education and Experience
The Events Intern will support the Events Department consisting of the Event Director, Event Coordinator, and will also interact with the Chief Strategy Officer.
Projects will range from helping to plan, organize and execute week long international events with over 1,000 guests in attendance, to managing smaller local events such as off site corporate meetings and charity events. • Assist events director and marketing department with key event elements including set-up, implementation, management, and take down.
• Compensation: Hourly rate of $10.00
• Pursuing a degree in or obtained a degree in event planning or closely related field
• Deep knowledge and passion for building successful event budgets in Excel or similar software program
• Strong research skills and ability to present research in a thorough and organized fashion
• Innate love for the ART of event planning
• Pulse on the event planning world: consumer of event planning blogs, magazines, and social media sites
• Proactive attitude, desire to take projects above and beyond what was asked
• Fiercely ambitious and extremely poised
• Naturally social and can easily float between various social situations with ease
• Highly detail oriented and diligent when processing event contracts
• Enjoys creating and obtaining streamlined internal processes
• Confident negotiating event contracts with vendors
• Desire to pursue a creative field in a corporate world
• Experience in planning large conferences with 200+ attendees a plus
• Intrinsic feeling of never being satisfied
• Comfortable presenting new ideas to high level executives
• Love of music, flowers, fabrics, lighting, and all other aspects concerning event atmosphere
• Ability to create and strictly implement Event Time Lines or “Run of Show” outlines
• Would have no problem walking into a group of 20+ strangers and asking them to participate in an activity or engage them in conversation
• Plan and facilitate planning committee meetings including distributing agenda and taking minutes
• Act as a liaison between the organization and vendors including negotiating pricing and pre selecting options to present to the organization while maintaining budget for the event
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.