Associate User Experience Designer
Power is seeking an Associate User Experience Designer to join our team at the HQ office outside of Philadelphia, PA. This designer will have the ability to define how internal users will interact with our homegrown systems. We are looking for a collaborative UX designer, with front end development skills, who is passionate about creating phenomenal tools that people genuinely want to use.
What we do here
Fancy a unique work environment that is constantly pushing you to try something new? or perhaps stretch your skills by designing for an industry you’ve always wanted to improve?
At Power, we build our own application suite of products to run our entire business. We build complete solutions for finance, recruiting, sales, contact center and even built meeting software. These are just some of the areas you’ll get an opportunity to tackle.
We also design solutions for in-home augmented reality, satellite photo measurements, and artificial intelligence suggestion engines.
The biggest perk of working at Power is that we have a small, talented team with a very large audience. This means you have the ability to make a huge impact on the product and the company, whilst also having really interesting and challenging problems to work on. We believe deeply in what we do and we're all in this to build something lasting, sustainable and positive.
Power has been awarded Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT, Fortune Magazine’s #1 Workplace for Millennials, one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work, one of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and Philadelphia Magazine Coolest Companies.
- An online portfolio or samples of work showing relevant experience
- Ability to design projects across the entire product lifecycle.
- Experience with front-end development
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong collaboration skills across disciplines to drive change into products
- Ability to manage and work on multiple projects concurrently
- Familiarity with design systems
- Ability to define problems and goals, map user flows, prototype interactions
- Ability to support the building process across with development
- A deep understanding of user problems to create elegant but practical solutions
- Thorough knowledge of many design approaches, methodologies and lo-fi and high-fi prototyping skills
- Ability to identify problems and act on opportunities to improve the product
- Nice to have: Ruby on Rails, and or React.js experience
Salary and Benefits:
- Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program matched by Power
- Competitive salary - We pay very well at market rates reflecting both location and experience.
- All the tech you need - We'll pay for whatever hardware and software you need to work and make sure you're regularly upgraded to the latest versions
- Personal development - Personal development books, courses, & conferences.
- Paid parental leave - When the time comes to welcome a new member of the family, we offer paid parental leave.
- 3 events per year focused on internal development and improvement.
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.