Manager of Application Development
Power is seeking a Manager of Application Development to join the team at our state of the art headquarters located just outside of Philadelphia, PA. Reporting to the VP of Application Development and Infrastructure, you will have the opportunity to work with talented people on challenging problems and make a significant impact on the business and industry. We believe deeply in what we do: to build something lasting, sustainable and positive.
You will be responsible for the success of a growing group of software developers on several Scrum teams. Your background as a software developer and as someone who has been a part of large scale application development initiatives will earn you credibility with direct reports as you assist in clearing technical impediments that are escalated by Scrum Masters and create opportunities to give critical feedback. Using your interpersonal skills to build relationships with talented software developers is also a key part of the role as you represent the company at technical events, job fairs, and candidate interviews, and ensure their successful start as a member of a Scrum team.
Come be part of an amazing team and see what it’s like to brag about your team and where you work.
What we do here
At Power, our technology team builds a custom suite of products that run our entire business. We create and deploy complete solutions for marketing, sales, operations, finance and more. We even have a custom communications platform that connects everyone in the company. We use cutting edge technologies like augmented reality, computer vision, machine learning, speech recognition and processing, geospatial data and a variety of mobile platforms.
We enjoy all the benefits of a startup to move fast, ship rapidly and iterate quickly, but within an established organization that is well-funded and profitable. We get to dip our toes in many different, fascinating areas and solve unique, challenging problems that could on their own be standalone apps or companies. We’re a tech powerhouse hidden inside a remodeling company.
We value diversity of all types at Power and our team is made up of a kind, thoughtful group of people with a wide range of backgrounds. We actively try to find people with different perspectives and experiences to the ones we already have.
Power has been awarded Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT, Fortune Magazine’s #1 Workplace for Millennials, one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work, one of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and Philadelphia Magazine Coolest Companies.
Local candidates only
- 5+ years of experience guiding a team and delivering large scale application development projects
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Knowledge and experience that demonstrates the ability to connect and influence others to achieve goals
- Understanding of Scrum and Agile principles and practices
- History of delivering quality work on time
- Works effectively with multiple Scrum teams using an agile workflow
- Enjoys working with product specialists and end-users to understand requirements
- Takes a pragmatic approach and adapts to change
- Creative approaches to problem solving
- Valuable Experience
- Working with the Technology Leadership team and key stakeholders
- Interacting with local and remote development teams
- Coaching others for professional development, writing performance reviews, and conducting one on ones.
- Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program matched by Power
- Competitive salary - We pay very well at market rates reflecting both location and experience
- All the tech you need - We'll pay for whatever hardware and software you need to work and make sure you're regularly upgraded to the latest versions
- Personal development - We provide books, courses and conferences
- Paid parental leave - When the time comes to welcome a new member of the family, we offer paid parental leave
- 3 events per year focused on internal development and improvement
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.