Internal Communications Coordinator
We’re a full-service, in-house creative team that is young, fast-paced, and innovative, working within the nation’s largest home remodeler to effectively market and communicate the brand story. We are seeking an Internal Communications Coordinator to join our team.
As an Internal Communications Coordinator, you will work directly with other divisions of our organization to create compelling content that will inform, motivate and inspire our fast-growing team that accounts for close to 3,000 employees across 17 different territories. You will be empowered to infuse elements of storytelling into all your work while upholding the integrity of our brand voice and mission. The ideal candidate will have 3 - 5 years of professional copy and content writing experience. We’re seeking a proactive taskmaster, team player, and strategic creative thinker who embraces feedback and is constantly evolving. We’re looking for a self-starter, not an order-taker.
Recognized by Glassdoor, FORTUNE, Inc., and Entrepreneur magazine as one of the top workplaces in the country, we frequently rank ahead of companies like Google and Facebook. Power is growing quickly—opening 10 new offices in the next five years and eclipsing $1B in annual revenue.
This person is highly organized, proactive, detail-oriented, and takes direction well. This role works closely with the entire marketing communications team, including production, design, photography, social media, media relations and digital marketing, while reporting to the Internal Communications Sr. Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with our design, special events, video production, photography, digital marketing, and social media teams to craft compelling and persuasive messaging for our teammates.
- Collaborate with executives, department leaders, and internal subject matter experts to research and gather relevant information/supporting data to create long-form content, including but not limited to, keynote presentations, training manuals, email communications, info-graphics, websites, instructional videos, and more.
- Able to take lengthy product jargon, scripting, concepts, and processes and explain them to a lay audience in clear, digestible steps.
- Be able to adapt writing style to create inspirational, emotional, clever, and witty short-form copy for a variety of audiences when necessary.
- Possess strong self management skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, consistently delivering a high quality product within the project deadlines.
- Be a positive, inspiring, and valuable addition to our creative team while fostering a culture of respect, inclusion, empathy, and support.
- Strong portfolio representing a range of copywriting styles.
- Expertise creating content in Pages, Keynote, and Numbers.
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional grammar, punctuation, proofing, and editing skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in English, Education, Journalism, Advertising & Communications, or a related field.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant professional experience, agency background a plus.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- The Internal Communications Coordinator works in a hybrid office environment. Some travel may be required.
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.