Social Media Intern
As the nation’s leading full-service exterior home remodeler and one of FORTUNE Magazine’s Top Workplaces for Millennials, Power is full of limitless opportunity. The Brand team is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Social Media Intern to join our growing organization. We are looking for a talented, driven individual who can support our Social Media Coordinator, and report to the Vice President of Corporate Communications. The team is looking for a candidate that has experience with social media channels, content creation and digital marketing basics.
Working closely with the Brand team, the Social Media Intern will have access to a group of highly creative individuals, including videographers, graphic designers, and content creators for mentorship. It’s a fast paced, fun environment that challenges you to step outside your comfort zone.
Primary Job Responsibilities Include:
- Develop content under the direction of the communications team for channels such as Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
- Monitor social media trends, technology advancements and the digital marketing space to keep the team up on the latest
- Work with the communications team to collect, summarize and present social data in a meaningful, cohesive and efficient way
- Participate in brainstorm sessions with the communications team, being a creative thinker that offers out-of-the-box ideas
- Conduct research and competitive analysis, as required
- Assist with miscellaneous projects, coordination of content creation and cover special events
- $10 per hour
- Capable of working a minimum of 16 hours per weekJunior or Senior academic standing
- Preferred Marketing, Social Media, Communications, or Public Relations major
- Previous internship experience in a related field is preferred, but not required
- Basic knowledge of industry platforms, such as Adobe Creative Suite is preferred, but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize projects and multitask
- Must be detail oriented and a creative thinker
- Experience with social media platforms, social listening and publishing tools
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.