We’re a full-service, in-house creative team that is fresh, fast-paced, and innovative, working within the nation’s largest home remodeler to effectively market and communicate the brand story. We are seeking a Media Asset Manager to join our team.
As Media Asset Manager, you’ll play a key role in supporting the work of Power Productions, a small in-house production team generating hundreds of video and film projects each year, from web content, product education, and internal communication videos to event and virtual production.
You’ll be responsible for oversight, management, and day-to-day operation of Power’s video archives and post-production environment, including all video media assets from raw footage to final content, protocols and procedures for delivery, file naming, storage, backup, and media asset management solutions for a data footprint totaling more than 200TB (and growing).
You’ll handle daily air traffic control, fulfill media asset requests, perform quality control spot-checks and technical troubleshooting, and send and receive footage and final deliveries from productions, all while maintaining an overhead view of video storage and media asset management systems and anticipating needs before they arise.
This role is critical to the function of Power Productions, and truly lays the foundation for Power to tell the important stories that aid in our mission to create positive change in everything we touch.
Recognized by Glassdoor, FORTUNE, Inc., and Entrepreneur magazine as one of the top workplaces in the country, we frequently rank ahead of companies like Google and Facebook. Power is growing quickly—opening 10 new offices in the next five years and eclipsing $1B in annual revenue.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee operational post-production components of Power Productions, including server and cloud storage footprint, backup and retrieval protocols, media asset management, hard drive inventory, file deliveries, and file taxonomy.
- Partner with Creative Services and Business Technology teams, and external contract resources and vendors to ensure systems remain online and operational, serving the needs of our internal team of editors while safely storing and backing up all video data to the latest standards.
- Plan and budget for storage growth and other expenses related to Power Productions post-production needs.
- Receive final project deliveries with multiple asset versions per project and serve as the main point of contact for archive and distribution of our film and video content.
- Serve as final quality control for projects - flag issues, troubleshoot, and identify last-minute changes before packaging for archive and distribution.
- Curate and upload asset galleries to internal system and other distribution destinations/methods.
- Fulfill footage and video requests for the Power Productions team, social media and PR teams, marketers, regional partners, outside production companies and others.
- Oversee acquisition and digitization of film- and tape-based archival media sources to latest standards.
- Systems Thinker – understand the overhead view of our system and ensure we move toward our goals with maximum efficiency.
- Organized and Detail Oriented - especially when it comes to file naming, metadata, documentation, and developing and following best practices.
- Proactive – anticipate the technical, storage, and budgetary needs critical to our team’s success in the next 3-5 years and beyond.
- Critical Thinker – identify and address workflow and storage issues before they become a problem; recognize the impact of new technology and adapt workflows accordingly.
- Reliable - act with the understanding that this role is the foundation of everything we do and ensure systems and storage will remain operational with minimal downtime.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5+ years professional experience in a medium- to large-scale video post-production environment
- A high level of proficiency in video storage and media asset management systems, protocols, and best practices
- Proficiency in digital video post-production using Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Media Encoder, and DaVinci Resolve; Iconik Media Asset Management software a plus; Ability to troubleshoot quickly and efficiently
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS: N/A
The Media Asset Manager works in a hybrid office environment. Some travel may be required.
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.