The Legal Specialist, Corporate role at Power is a key member of the in-house legal team and an important resource to assist with maintaining and shaping the legal department for a growing and dynamic organization. You will assist with improving and maintaining the Legal team’s internal processes, systems and tools. Responsible for tracking objectives, keep costs down, engage third-party vendors and make the Legal team’s services better, faster and more efficient. You will be exposed to and provide support in highly confidential and sensitive matters that will require extreme discretion and the upmost professionalism. Additionally, you will be expected to take ownership of as many tasks as possible to support Power’s Senior Legal Counsel.
Beyond that, you will handle impactful projects and become deeply involved in Power’s business and the legal department. We are looking for a bright and eager professional who is seeking the opportunity to excel and to be part of a mission that is supporting Power’s rapid growth and expansion.
- Provide critical support to our attorneys and cross-functional team, including Corporate Finance, Consumer Finance, and Human Resources.
- Reviewing, auditing, and assisting with the management of contracts.
- Collecting and maintaining records related to contracts, such as signatures, dates, amendments, and payments made.
- Assisting with drafting standard contracts such as employment agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and vendor agreements.
- Reviewing existing contracts to ensure they are up to date and accurate.
- Serves as the liaison between the Legal Department and other departments and functions, including interfacing on special projects.
- Work closely with outside counsel on litigation, counseling, research and special projects.
- Follow up with interfacing teams to ensure completion of previously agreed action items.
- Prepare confidential and privileged correspondence and memoranda.
- Close collaboration with the Executive Team and their Executive Assistants.
- Responsibility for supporting project work, including conducting research in support of the legal projects and strategic planning.
- Follow up on contacts made by the Senior Legal Counsel to support ongoing relationships inside and outside of the company.
- Coordinate the department’s calendar, appointments, and board-related duties.
- Hours: 8 am - 6 pm, with occasional work on the weekends.
- Positive attitude, with a passion for learning and a creative approach to problem solving.
- 1-3 years of experience drafting and reviewing legal documentation.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize under pressure.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to task switch in a fast paced environment and anticipate last minute changes.
- Resourceful team player who is also effective independently.
- Excellent computer skills including Apple Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Mail, and Microsoft Office.
- Occasional travel.
- Previous experience as a paralegal is a plus.
- Attention to detail is mandatory.
- Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family.
- State-of-the art training and support.
- Fitness Center.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program, matched by Power.
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.