Site Reliability Engineer - Core Infrastructure
Power Home Remodeling group is a leader in the home remodeling industry, and has a robust technical infrastructure built to support both employees and customers. Power has a strong focus on company culture, teamwork, and the ability for everyone to contribute to achieving goals. Power is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to work at our headquarters location in Chester, PA. SREs at Power build and maintain the infrastructure that supports our mission-critical applications. The SRE department has a strong focus on automation, scalability, networking, storage, as well as deploying and managing core infrastructure applications, such as orchestration platforms, logging and metrics.
The primary responsibilities of an SRE is to deploy and manage existing infrastructure, as well as guarantee the security, stability, and availability of existing applications and infrastructure. Power is a fast growing company, and we are looking to onboard more technical engineers to help expand our capabilities. SREs at Power will work with a focused and dedicated team of passionate IT professionals to achieve their goals.
- Work on hardware related tasks, like planning, provisioning new equipment and maintenance
- Deal with vendors coordinating projects and maintenance tickets
- Maintain and upgrade existing infrastructure, using automation tools (Ansible, Puppet) and scripts (Bash, Python)
- Participate in a 24/7 on call rotation using PagerDuty to respond to and resolve problems and incidents
- Ongoing documentation of the environment and managed systems
Required Soft Skills
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a team
- Ability to work in a Agile environment to track work and progress
- Ability to propose and implement custom in house applications to meet business needs
- Proactive and eager to learn
- Able to follow standards and procedures
- Have a strong sense of quality
Required Technical Experience
- Good Linux knowledge
- Management and automation of Linux OS like Ubuntu, Debian and CentOS
- Ansible/Puppet or similar automation tools
- Writing and using Bash/Python scripts
- Understand of Git workflow
- Knowledge of container infrastructure (preferred Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience with virtualization and IaaS technologies (VMware, oVirt, Proxmox)
- Knowledge and some experience with monitoring and alerting systems
- Knowledge and some experience with visualization of application and system metrics
- Knowledge and some experience working with centralized logging infrastructure
- Knowledge and some experience working with centralized authentication and authorization systems (LDAP, OIDC)
- Ability to effectively diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues
- Debugging and updating custom infrastructure applications
Nice to Have But Not Required Skills
- Hands on experience with hardware and physical datacenters
- Experience with software for modeling and documenting DCs/Network (Netbox)
- Capacity planning and expansion
- Practical experience with container infrastructure (preferred Docker and Kubernetes)
Salary and Benefits
- Full medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program matched by Power
- All the tech you need - We'll pay for whatever hardware and software you need to work and make sure you're regularly upgraded to the latest versions
- Personal development - Personal development books, courses, & conferences.
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Paid parental leave - When the time comes to welcome a new member of the family, we offer paid parental leave.
- We bring our tech teams together 3 times per year for a week-long conference focused on internal development and improvement.
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.