As the Senior Counsel - Corporate Contracts / Transactional Law, this attorney is responsible for assisting the General Counsel and other business and operations units in researching, reviewing and drafting documents, developing and implementing operational policies and procedures as well as providing general legal advice. This is a “hands on” position for a corporate generalist, the position interacts with fellow in-house legal personnel and business and operations partners. The position is located in Chester, Pennsylvania at corporate headquarters for Power Home Remodeling. The attorney will manage a variety of legal matters across the organization, provide general counseling to various business and operations partners, consult with and manage outside counsel on an as needed basis, and assist the General Counsel, to whom the Senior Counsel will report.
This attorney performs job duties consistent within safety, legal, and regulatory requirements as well as Company values, standards, culture and business practices. This attorney will act with the highest level of integrity and business and personal ethical standards in all aspects of job performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively with all levels of employees, from front line to C-Suite, with diverse backgrounds within a fast-paced environment.
- Draft, negotiate and interpret commercial contracts, settlement agreements, warranties, outsourcing agreements, service-level agreements, construction contracts, lease agreements and related services agreement, confidentiality agreements, licensing agreements, and project-specific agreements with both customers, vendors and other third parties.
- Review, edit and approve internal and external promotional and advertising materials.
- Understand and provide advice on data privacy laws (including CCPA, GDPR, TCPA, DNC), general privacy matters, trademark, copyright and advertising law, and general employment law (as applicable to outsourcing transactions).
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
- Participate in and influence the decision-making process with appropriate clients and stakeholders.
- Identify and assess legal risks and opportunities within and outside of the organization and advise accordingly.
- Independently handles legal matters and projects ranging from basic to complex.
- Recognizes when to elevate certain matters to the attention of the General Counsel.
- Supervise, manage and evaluate outside counsel, when necessary.
- Educate clients and stakeholders on legal matters, policies and procedures and creates and provides training.
- Advocate Power’s interests in assigned matters.
- Establish and maintain relationships, credibility and trust with clients, stakeholders, legal team members and other colleagues.
- Perform other tasks and demonstrate a passion to learn new areas of the law, even those not related to transactions or commercial contracts, as assigned from time to time by the General Counsel.
- Ability to travel at times, including weekends.
Job Requirements Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Competence as a lawyer; ability to manage heavy workload in a high-pressure environment and reprioritize with little direction.
- The ability to competently manage multiple projects and transactions; project management skills; strong personal accountability, follow-up and initiative.
- Creative problem solving skills with the ability to propose solutions that are not only legally compliant, but consistent with business plans and strategies.
- Good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills within and across departments and externally; must be proactive in providing counsel to clients.
- Sound judgment; ability to clearly make reasoned recommendations; ability to cross think and determine who should be kept informed.
- Self-starter with developed business acumen and a sense of urgency, honesty and fairness.
- Team player, patient listener, and calm under pressure with an eagerness to take on assignments outside of assigned duties.
- Self-confident and inspires confidence from clients.
Required Education & Experience:
- Must have a JD degree from an accredited law school and admitted to practice in Pennsylvania.
- Must have a minimum of seven years of substantive corporate contracts and/or transactional experience with a corporate legal department or a nationally recognized law firm.
- Must have in-house experience of no less than 2 years.
- Must have experience in counseling clients on a variety of contractual and transactional experience.
- Committed to being a legal business partner to internal clients.
- Strong writing skills required.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Previous experience representing a sales organization, start-up or closely held company a plus.
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.