Special Events Coordinator
Power Home Remodeling is a company founded on equal parts hard work and positivity. We believe that “dream” and “achieve” are not mutually exclusive. That philosophy has served us well in becoming FORTUNE Magazine’s #1 Workplace for Millennials and one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
Ninety percent of our executives begin their careers in entry-level positions because we recruit, train, and retain talented individuals with a drive to succeed. Power is more than a home remodeling company. Power is a dream realization, technology-innovation, community-advocacy, expectation-shattering, happiness-maximizing company dedicated to improvement, both for our customers, and ourselves.
We are looking for event experiened, out-going, optimistic, detail oriented candidates with a strong interest in the events industry.
The Special Events Coordinator will support the Special Events Department consisting of the Vice President of Cultural Development, Events Director and Events team in addition to working along side the executives and more specifically the Co-CEO.
The ideal candidate for this position has/will be:
- 2+ years planning, coordinating and executing events
- Proactive Thinker with a growth mindset
- Proficiency using Keynote and Numbers
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically with groups and alone
- Flexible schedule
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proven ability to manage and direct groups of people in an event atmosphere
- Works well in a group atmosphere as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Innate love for the ART of event planning
- Assisting Vice President and Events Director with elements including research, set-up, implementation, management, and take down.
- Have a deep knowledge and passion for building successful event budgets in Numbers or similar software program
- Research and present findings in a thorough and organized fashion
- Keep a pulse on the event planning world: consumer of event planning blogs, magazines, and social media sites
- Proactive attitude, desire to take projects above and beyond what was asked
- Fiercely ambitious and extremely poised
- Naturally social and can easily float between various social situations with ease
- Highly detail oriented and diligent when processing event contracts
- Enjoys creating and obtaining streamlined internal processes
- Confident negotiating event contracts with vendors
- Desire to pursue a creative field in a corporate world
- Experience in planning large conferences with 400+ attendees a plus
- Intrinsic feeling of never being satisfied
- Comfortable presenting new ideas to high level executives
- Love of music, flowers, fabrics, lighting, and all other aspects concerning event atmosphere
- Ability to create and strictly implement Event Time Lines or “Run of Show” outlines
- Would have no problem walking into a group of 20+ strangers and asking them to participate in an activity or engage them in conversation
- Plan and facilitate planning committee meetings including distributing agenda and taking minutes
- Act as a liaison between the organization and vendors including negotiating pricing and pre selecting options to present to the organization while maintaining budget for the event
- Efficient time management to hit strict deadlines
Here's what you can expect at Power:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family
- Paid Parental Leave and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
- Free health screenings and rewards for participation in wellness programs
- Fitness Center
- Ample paid vacation and holidays
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program, matched by Power
- All travel and food paid for during domestic and international events
- Opportunities to further develop skills by attending workshops and department conferences
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.