Social Media Director
We’re a full-service, in-house creative agency within the nation’s largest full-service home remodeler seeking a Social Media Director to join our team. Recognized by Glassdoor, FORTUNE, Inc., and Entrepreneur magazine as one of the top workplaces in the country, we frequently rank ahead of companies like Google and Facebook. Power is growing quickly—opening 10 new offices in the next five years and eclipsing $1B in annual revenue. Similarly, our in-house creative agency is a young, fast-paced, and innovative brand shop nationally recognized for our work, including an integrated marketing campaign resulting in over 2 billion impressions for our brand. We’re looking for a dynamic candidate with a minimum of 5-8 years of demonstrated experience developing and executing on social media strategy, preferably within an agency environment or for an established brand.
Power is looking for a Social Media Director that will elevate our social media program to best-in-class heights - across a wide-range of thought leadership topics from technology and diversity to home and lifestyle. As such, you will be responsible for developing and enacting social media strategies that will allow the company to achieve its higher-level business goals and objectives within the social media space.
The Social Media Director will be responsible for building, developing and leading Power’s social media team; driving strategy across channels, campaigns and audiences; and working with our film, photo, copy and design teams to lead execution against objectives. Working directly with senior communications leadership, you will collaborate with internal clients to help plan and execute social programs that build and protect the company’s brand and reputation, while ensuring consistent and engaging messaging.
The successful candidate operates well within a team environment, displays an impressive aptitude for both business and the social media landscape, is a strategic and creative thinker, and can make meaningful and personal connections with our audiences.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Create audience / persona profiles across social communities to inform strategy and messaging
- Develop and implement platform-specific strategies to increase Power’s presence across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and any emerging social media sites
- Develop, present and enact strategies that enable the company to achieve its higher-level business goals within the social media space
- Directly manage a team of social media employees and ensure consistent delivery
- Collaborate across departments to implement and manage short term and long term social media campaigns that reflect strategic objectives
- A willingness to potentially serve as an on-camera personality for Power’s social media presence - internally and externally
- Help educate management on the value of social marketing and demonstrate the commercial application within the conversion funnel
- Work with marketing teams to develop organic & paid media strategy for social
- Develop and own analytics management and reporting across all social platforms
- Convert metrics into ongoing recommendations for strategy and tactics
- Research new technologies, tools and trends to consistently enhance the effectiveness of our social media efforts
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Preferred fields of study: Communications, Digital Media, Marketing, Business, Journalism
- 5-8 years of demonstrated experience, preferably managing social media efforts for clients within an agency environment or for an established brand.
- Must display an impressive aptitude for both business and the social media landscape
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent storytelling, presenting and communication skills
- Possesses a keen and discriminating vision and sense of taste
- Organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with social media management suites and tools
- Awareness of the necessary skill sets and disciplines required to execute on the proposed strategy
- Experience working with social media tools such as Power Editor, Facebook Ads Manager, Sprout Social, etc. a plus
- Very high attention to detail
- Preferred Photoshop and design skills and basic video editing skills
- If no direct design experience, must have the ability to give creative direction and feedback; past experience working with designers and copywriters is preferred
- Thrive in a dynamic environment; resourcefulness and curiosity are key
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience, but highly competitive
- Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family.
- Paid Parental Leave and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
- Free health screenings and rewards for participation in wellness programs
- Ample paid vacation and holidays
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program, matched by Power.
- An artfully designed office space to match your creative drive
- Free food and entertainment on every first Friday of summer
- Opportunities to further develop skills and attend leadership conferences and summits
- A robust social program filled with events, and activities, including a company trip to a tropical destination for you and a significant other.
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.