What we do here
At Power, our technology team builds a custom suite of products that run our entire business. We create and deploy complete solutions for marketing, sales, operations, finance and more. We even have a custom communications platform that connects everyone in the company. We use cutting edge technologies like augmented reality, computer vision, machine learning, speech recognition and processing, geospatial data and a variety of mobile platforms.
We enjoy all the benefits of a startup to move fast, ship rapidly and iterate quickly, but within an established organization that is well-funded and profitable. We get to dip our toes in many different, fascinating areas and solve unique, challenging problems that could on their own be standalone apps or companies. We’re a tech powerhouse hidden inside a remodeling company.
We value diversity of all types at Power and our team is made up of a kind, thoughtful group of people with a wide range of backgrounds. We actively try to find people with different perspectives and experiences to the ones we already have.
Power has been awarded Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT, Fortune Magazine’s #1 Workplace for Millennials, one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work, one of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and Philadelphia Magazine Coolest Companies.
The Nitro Support Ninja supports supports Power employees with issues related to PHRG’s internal Ruby-on-Rails application; Nitro.
They work as a team to assist Power’s employees through support tickets, calls, and in-person troubleshooting. Their goal is to provide assistance to Nitro users by identifying new or existing issues, documenting them, and raising to our product teams for resolution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides internal support for PHRG’s internal Ruby-on-Rails application, Nitro
- Constant engagement with ticket queue, ensuring quick response/resolution, and monitors for emerging critical issues
- Identifies, diagnoses and documents bugs or work-flow issues
- Escalates issues to Tier 2 to resolve long-standing or critical issues that may arise
- Receives after hours support calls (weeknights or weekends) on a rotating schedule
- Ability to learn new processes and procedures
- Must be able to sit at a desk and type for 8 hours a day
- Other as assigned by Management
Must have the ability to prioritize and manage tasks to complete projects and meet deadlines. Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented and possess critical thinking skills. Must have the ability to work well in a team environment, be self-motivated, and be able to work with little direct supervision. Must have strong written, verbal and quantitative skills, and a proficiency in web applications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent required. One year of experience in other technical support settings preferred. Associate’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field a plus.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- State-of-the-art training and technology
- Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family
- Paid Parental Leave
- Free health screenings
- Rewards for participation in wellness programs
- Ample paid vacation and holidays
- A comprehensive 401(k) retirement savings program, matched by Power
- A robust social program filled with events, and activities, including a company trip to a tropical destination for you and a significant other
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.