Power Home Remodeling is a company founded on equal parts hard work and positivity. We believe that “dream” and “achieve” are not mutually exclusive. And that philosophy has served us well in becoming Fortune Magazine’s #1 Workplace for Millennials and one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
Ninety percent of our executives begin their careers in entry-level positions at Power, because we recruit, train, and retain talented people with a desire to succeed. Power is more than a home remodeling company. Power is a dream realization, technology and innovation, community-advocacy, expectation-shattering, happiness-maximizing company that is dedicated to improvement, both for our customers, and ourselves.
- The Employee Relations Specialist is primarily responsible for partnering HR with Power’s management teams and legal team to drive a consistent approach to interpretation and application of company policies, procedures or general practices while providing support for corrective action and performance improvement.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle all aspects of workplace investigations (including but not limited to: planning, organizing, interviewing, securing relevant documents, evaluating, summarizing data, presenting findings, offering recommendations, and following up once a conclusion is reached).
- Must have a strong command of and maintain knowledge of the company’s culture, employee relations, coaching & counseling employees, conducting internal investigations, and federal, state, and local employment laws (including but not limited to: Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, EEOC, HIPAA, COBRA, FLSA, ADAA, workers compensation, and FMLA laws).
- Conduct and analyze exit interviews.
- Provide recommendations to management in creating and administering corrective actions.
- Assist managers with creating reviews, and administering disciplinary documentation and/or performance improvement plans.
- Assist managers with terminations when necessary.
- Identify and communicate education and training opportunities regarding employee relations issues.
- Create strong relationships with all levels of management and departments across the territories the HR team supports.
- Ability to deal with complex situations and have hard conversations.
- Assist in gathering documentation, communicating and evaluating leave situations and accommodations.
- Support Power’s initiatives, managers and employees with issues or complaints.
- Partner with Power’s legal team with interpreting agreements, grievances, mediation etc.
- Participate in developing and delivering orientation and formal HR training programs.
- Other as assigned by management.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment independently and on a team. Under limited supervision, be able to:
- Effectively communicate verbally & in written form.
- Seek counsel when necessary.
- Possess and utilizes different interviewing techniques, strategies, interpersonal, and counseling skills.
- Pay attention to detail, organize and prioritize job responsibilities effectively.
- Interpret, and apply best practices, as well as applicable policies, guidelines, federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Analyze, negotiate and problem solve.
- Use discretion.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required in Human Resources Management or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant generalist experience as a member of an HR, legal or compliance team.
- Experience with supporting 1,000 or more employees across multiple states strongly preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Human Resources Certification strongly preferred or the ability to obtain one within the first year and a half.
- The Employee Relations Specialist works in an office environment. Travel is required as necessary.
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.