The Senior Accountant provides support to ensure accurate day-to-day accounting functions and processes. This includes Accounts Payable, performing high- level account analysis and reconciliation, reviewing balance sheets and P&L accounts, ensuring deadlines are met, and performing other projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews general ledger accounts to the corresponding subsidiary ledger, income and expense accounts, and monthly entries for accurate coding and correct ledger amount
- Assists with internal audits, and implementing key internal audit functions and monthly closings
- Prepares analyses of accounts, as required
- Maintains records and ﬁles in accordance with established ﬁling system
- Prepares check and ACH/wire payments, and mails checks when required
- Ensures that transactions are correctly coded and veri ﬁes their compliance with ﬁnancial procedures
- Must be able to sit at a desk and type for eight hours per day, and talk to employees in person and by telephone frequently throughout the day
- Other as assigned by Management
Must have strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Must have the ability to multi-task and manage time effectively in order to complete projects and meet deadlines. Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to work well in a team environment but also able to work with little direct supervision. Must have strong management, written, verbal and quantitative skills, be pro ﬁcient in Excel, and have experience working with an ERP system. The Senior Accountant is expected to have the ability to make independent judgments. Strong Technical Accounting Background
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent required. Minimum of 3-5 years of Accounting Experience required.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary Range: $65,000- $75,000
- Full medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program matched by Power
- Personal development - Personal development books, courses, & conferences.
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Paid parental leave - When the time comes to welcome a new member of the family, we offer paid parental leave.
The Senior Accountant works in an office environment.
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.