Special Events Coordinator
Power Home Remodeling is a company founded on equal parts hard work and positivity. We believe that “dream” and “achieve” are not mutually exclusive. And that philosophy has served us well in becoming Fortune Magazine’s #1 Workplace for Millennials and one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
Ninety percent of our executives begin their careers in entry-level positions at Power, because we recruit, train, and retain talented people with a desire to succeed. Power is more than a home remodeling company. Power is a dream realization, technology and innovation, community-advocacy, expectation-shattering, happiness-maximizing company that is dedicated to improvement, both for our customers, and ourselves.
The Special Events Coordinator works under the Employee focus of the business. The coordinator is required to make sure that the employee experience here at Power is engaging, fun, healthy and experiential. This can vary from planning special events, like Summits, Conferences, Social Events, to Learning and Development like workshops, trainings via virtually through zoom and in person, to culture driven campaigns, and the every day working environment for the employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Researches and seeks out potential venues, vendors, and entertainment acts for all company-sponsored events
- Establishes and maintains connections with potential vendors via phone and email correspondence
- Being an account manager for multiple projects as a time
- Organize, strategize, ideate and create projects
- Working with Vice President’s and Executive level clientele
- Must be able to properly function zoom, keynote, numbers
- Loves to interact with people
- Can time manage on their own
- Has entrepreneurial characteristics
- Can manage over $50,000 budget
- Required to do more team work then solo work
- Develops and maintains inventory system for purchased event décor
- Assists with the management of internal filing systems for all events-related invoices and credit card statements
- Responsible for purchasing, setup, execution, and cleanup of company functions
- Organizes and maintains a portfolio and manual for the Special Events Department
- Assists the Special Events Director and Vice President in accomplishing daily tasks
- Must be able to sit and type for up to eight hours per day
- Flexible work schedule for nights and weekends and travel required
- Must be capable of standing and walking for extended periods of time at events
- Other as assigned by Management
The Special Events Coordinator is a resourceful individual with innate attention to detail. This employee has the flexibility to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change and rapid growth. This employee has the ability to work well under pressure and the ability to meet tight deadlines. The employee has a passion for people. They work well under pressure and under tight deadlines. Employee is open to change and evolving with time. Employee works well with others in a team environment as well as client relations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. 2-3 years in related field preferred.
The Special Events Coordinator works in an office environment, offsite venues, and is required to travel to other offices and venues.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- $50,000 Salary
- Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans with immediate digital access to physicians across the U.S.
- Paid Parental Leave and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
- Free health screenings and rewards for participation in wellness programs
- Ample paid vacation and holidays
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program matched by Power.
- An artfully designed office space to match your creative drive
- Free food and entertainment on every first Friday of summer
- Opportunities to further develop skills and attend leadership conferences and summits
- A robust social program filled with events, and activities, including a company trip to a tropical destination for you and a significant other.
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.