Public Relations Intern
As the nation’s leading full-service exterior home remodeler and one of FORTUNE Magazine’s Top Workplaces for Millennials, Power is full of limitless opportunity. The Corporate Communications team is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Public Relations Intern to join our growing team. We are looking for a talented, driven individual who can support our Vice President of Public Relations and Communications Specialists in media relations, content creation and thought leadership development. This position will provide hands on mentorship through the Marketing Communications team, which is a group of highly creative individuals, including videographers, graphic designers, and content creators. It’s a fast paced, fun environment that challenges you to step outside your comfort zone.
Primary Job Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with public relations campaigns on wide-ranging local, state, and national issues that align with the company’s community outreach initiatives.
- Tasks include media monitoring, media list building, writing and communications materials, media relations, coordinating, pitching, and conducting community outreach and guerrilla/field plans, and managing media partners.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas
- Work with Vice President of PR and Communications Specialists to conduct research and competitive analysis, as required
- Assist with miscellaneous projects and coordination of media events
- Conduct research, gathering, organizing and updating data, as required
- $10 per hour
- Junior or Senior academic standing
- Preferred Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations major
- Previous internship experience in a related field preferred, but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of working a minimum of 16 hours per week
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.