Are you a succinct storyteller with a flair for turning high-level concepts into elevated and authentic copy? Are you a brand visionary with a firm understanding on how copy fuels effective content marketing? Are you an obsessive wordsmith with exceptional grammar and punctuation skills? Is productivity your superpower?
We’re a full-service, in-house creative agency within the nation’s largest and highest-rated residential remodeler seeking a Copywriter to join our team. Recognized by Glassdoor, FORTUNE, Inc., and Entrepreneur magazine as one of the top workplaces in the country, our in-house agency is a young, fast-paced, and innovative brand shop nationally recognized for our work, including an integrated marketing campaign resulting in over 1 billion impressions for our brand. We’re looking for a dynamic candidate with a minimum of 1 - 2 years of professional or internship experience. Agency background is a plus.
As a Copywriter, you will play a major role in further defining and developing our brand voice. Working directly with other divisions of our creative team and internal clients, you will collaborate on ideating and executing our internal communications strategy. You will be empowered to infuse your unique perspective and flavor into all aspects of your work while upholding the integrity of our brand voice and mission.
The ideal candidate is a proactive taskmaster, team player, and strategic + creative thinker who embraces feedback and is constantly evolving. We’re looking for a self-starter, not an order-taker. The Responsibilities
- Collaborate with our design, special events, video production, photography, digital, social media, and executive leadership divisions to craft compelling and persuasive messaging for our employees, candidates, and customers.
- Be an active participant of ideation in all aspects of the content lifecycle, including planning, execution, distribution, and measurement.
- Utilize copy to inform, entertain, inspire, and motivate our target audiences.
- Create long and short-form copy, adapting writing style from inspirational and emotional to clever, witty, and entertaining, and everything in between.
- Be the dedicated Copywriter for our Special Events division, creating copy for event websites, invitations & save-the-dates, slogans, branding, swag, apparel guides, signage, email updates and announcements, mobile apps, welcome letters, and more.
- Execute additional copy tasks, including but not limited to: email marketing and communications, digital advertisements, company magazine, corporate initiatives, product and recruitment brochures, proofreading and editing, social media copywriting, training scripts and presentations, and video scripts + voice overs.
- Be a positive, inspiring, and valuable addition to our creative team while fostering a culture of respect, inclusion, empathy, and support.
- Possess strong self management skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, consistently delivering a high quality product within the project deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Creative Communications, Journalism, Advertising, or a related field.
- 1 - 2 years of relevant internship or professional experience, agency background a plus.
- Professional or academic portfolio of writing samples.
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional grammar, punctuation, proofing, and editing skills.
- Experience writing for web + social media.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans with immediate digital access to physicians across the U.S.
- Paid Parental Leave and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
- Free health screenings and rewards for participation in wellness programs
- Ample paid vacation and holidays
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program, matched by Power.
- An artfully designed office space to match your creative drive
- Free food and entertainment on every first Friday of summer
- Opportunities to further develop skills and attend leadership conferences and summits
- A robust social program filled with events, and activities, including a company trip to a tropical destination for you and a significant other.
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.