Power is seeking a Scrum Master to join the team at our headquarters, just outside of Philadelphia, PA. You will have the opportunity to work with talented people on complex problems and make a meaningful impact on the business and industry. We believe deeply in what we do: to build something lasting, sustainable and positive.
As a Scrum Master, you will be part of a cross-functional team with a product owner, developers, user experience, and DevOps. The team is empowered to make decisions and given creative freedom to choose the right tools and methods for the job. As part of the team, you will be accountable for implementing high-performance Agile practices, expediently removing impediments, identifying and mitigating risks, and guiding the team to deliver business value continuously.
What we do here
At Power, our technology team crafts a custom suite of products that support our entire business. We create and deploy comprehensive solutions for marketing, sales, operations, human resources, and more. We even have a custom communications platform that connects everyone in the company. We use innovative technologies like augmented reality, computer vision, machine learning, speech recognition and processing, geospatial data, and a variety of mobile platforms.
We enjoy all the benefits of a startup to move fast, ship rapidly and iterate quickly, but within an established organization that is well-funded and profitable. We get to dip our toes in many diverse, fascinating areas and resolve unique, complex problems that could on their own be standalone apps or companies. We’re a tech thought leader hidden inside a remodeling company.
We value diversity of all types at Power and our team is made up of a kind, thoughtful group of people with a diverse range of backgrounds. We proactively try to find people with different perspectives and experiences to the ones we already have with an intentional focus on increasing diversity within our team and industry.
Power has been awarded Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT, Fortune Magazine’s #6 Workplace for Millennials, one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work, one of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and Philadelphia Magazine Coolest Companies.
- Be a servant leader for your self-organizing Agile product teams
- Organize and mediate all Scrum related meetings (planning, standup, retrospectives, reviews, etc) keeping your Scrum teams focused
- Support the product owner and stakeholders to develop and manage the backlog
- Communicate team plans, manage impediments, and identify and escalate risks to leadership and stakeholders
- Maintain project data in company tools to ensure transparency from outside the team
- Track and communicate Agile metrics to mediate healthy conversations around team progress and continuous improvement
- Leverage team setbacks as blameless growth opportunities
- Inspire your team with an intentional focus on happiness knowing that it has a direct influence on their success
- Must have 2+ years experience facilitating Scrum teams, with an additional prior 3+ years collaborating directly with software development teams
- Knowledge, talent and technology experience that demonstrates leadership capabilities, and the ability to connect and influence others to achieve team goals
- A deep understanding of Scrum and Agile mindset, values, principles, tools, and practices
- Ability to articulate the business value of Agile practices
- Certification as a Scrum Master (CSM) or other relevant certifications are preferred
- Intuitive skills in facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, and empowerment within cross-functional teams
- Proficient written and oral communication skills
- Experience to take a pragmatic approach and adaptive to change
- Curious and willing to employ creative ideas to transform the business and themselves
- Collaborating with C-level executives and business leaders
- Interacting with remote and local development teams
- Has experience in a large-scale, enterprise environments
- Ability to flourish in fast paced environment of one week sprints
- Working with multiple teams at a time
- Coaching others on Scrum and Agile principles, practices and benefits
- Other Agile experience, certifications or courses including XP, Lean, Kanban, etc
- Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program matched by Power
- Competitive salary - we pay very well at market rates reflecting both location and experience
- All the tech you need - we'll pay for whatever hardware and software you need to work and make sure you're regularly upgraded to the latest versions
- Personal development - we provide books, courses and conferences
- Paid parental leave - when the time comes to welcome a new member of the family, we offer paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer time off
- 3 events per year focused on internal development and improvement
- Artfully designed office space
- Free food and entertainment every first Friday of summer
- Free health screenings and rewards for participation in wellness programs
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.