We’re a full-service, in-house creative team that is young, fast-paced, and innovative, working within the nation’s largest home remodeler to effectively market and communicate the brand story. We are seeking a Vice President of Media Relations to join our team.
The Vice President of Media Relations will lead the team responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of public relations activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership. This person has experience leading PR for a consumer brand, whether that be in-house or at an agency. They will lead a team and an external agency in creative campaigns, consistent storytelling, and building relationships with media to grow brand awareness, interest and affinity externally.
Recognized by Glassdoor, FORTUNE, Inc., and Entrepreneur magazine as one of the top workplaces in the country, we frequently rank ahead of companies like Google and Facebook. Power is growing quickly—opening 10 new offices in the next five years and eclipsing $1B in annual revenue.
We’re looking for a seasoned creative public relations professional with 15 years of demonstrated relevant experience who is passionate about expanding their skills and creative freedom in a new role. This person is highly organized, proactive, detail-oriented, and takes direction well. This role works closely with the VP of Internal Communications, the Creative Services Team, the Digital Marketing Team including Social Media, and reports to the Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all aspects of Power Corporate/Consumer/Crisis/Executive PR Programs.
- Work with leadership team and staff to recognize PR opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Provide strategic counsel, leadership and vision for the Power Brand to help achieve global business objectives and help enhance and protect the brand image worldwide through media placements and opportunities.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the media relations function including budgeting, planning and staff development.
- Develop, integrate, and implement a broad range of PR strategies relative to the direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership, including speaking engagements, award nominations, and press invitations to Power events.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Oversee the workloads of two senior media relations coordinators and an external PR agency.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements.
- Extensive successful writing and editing experience with a variety of print and online communications media.
- Experience with social media influencer engagement, content campaigns, and media coverage amplification.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive strategic communications, media relations, and marketing program to advance an organization’s mission and goals.
- Spokesperson and public speaking experience a plus.
- Creative and thoughtful on how new media technologies can be utilized.
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of communications specialists.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Experience measuring the ROI of communications activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in journalism, communications, or related field is required.
- 15 years’ experience in a senior management role either in-house or with an agency.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- The Vice President, Media Relations works in a hybrid office environment. Some travel may be required.
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.