Special Events Coordinator
Power Home Remodeling is a company founded on equal parts hard work and positivity. We believe that “dream” and “achieve” are not mutually exclusive. That philosophy has served us well in becoming FORTUNE Magazine’s #1 Workplace for Millennials and one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
Ninety percent of our executives begin their careers in entry-level positions because we recruit, train, and retain talented individuals with a drive to succeed. Power is more than a home remodeling company. Power is a dream realization, technology-innovation, community-advocacy, expectation-shattering, happiness-maximizing company dedicated to improvement, both for our customers, and ourselves.
The Special Events Coordinator assists with the coordination of all company-sponsored events throughout the year, including Leadership Conferences, Kickoff Meetings, Trainings, Virtual Training Hosting, Social Events and the annual year-end trip.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has experience with Zoom and how it functions and operates
- Has event planning experience
- Has Keynote and Numbers knowledge and experience
- Can work with building budgets
- Is extremely organized and has discipline time management
- Works well managing a large group of people
- Has high communication skills in written and verbal methods
- Describes themselves has creative and can contribute to thoughtful ideation
- Researches and seeks out potential venues, vendors, and entertainment acts for all company-sponsored events
- Establishes and maintains connections with potential vendors via phone and email correspondence
- Develops and maintains inventory system for purchased event décor
- Assists with the management of internal filing systems for all events-related invoices and credit card statements
- Responsible for purchasing, setup, execution, and cleanup of company functions
- Organizes and maintains a portfolio and manual for the Special Events Department
- Can trouble shoot and problem solve in quick moments
- Works with Marketing Communication in a project management system for deliverables on events
- Assists the Special Events Director and VP of Cultural Development in accomplishing daily tasks
- Must be able to take an idea and thoroughly, creatively and strategically make it come to life
- Has an entrepreneur mindset
- Describes themselves as positive
- Must be able to sit and type for up to eight hours per day
- Must be able to stand and be on your feet for up to twelve hours
- Flexible work schedule for nights and weekends and travel required
- Other as assigned by Management
The Special Events Coordinator is a resourceful individual with innate attention to detail and time management. This employee has the flexibility to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change and rapid growth. This employee has the ability to work well under pressure and the ability to meet tight deadlines. The Employee can be self motivated and bring strategy and creativity to the table. The Employee can work in an on call environment during high event seasons. The employee is comfortable traveling with large groups and solo. The employee would describe themselves as a problem solver and trouble shooter. The employee has a calming sense to them to make high intense and chaotic moments feel at ease. The employee likes working with others and in team atmospheres. The employee will spend most of their time for the first 6-12 months hosting virtual trainings through zoom.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. 2-3 years in related field preferred.
Here's what you can expect at Power:
- Base Salary: $50,000
- Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family
- Paid Parental Leave and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
- Free health screenings and rewards for participation in wellness programs
- Fitness Center
- Ample paid vacation and holidays
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program, matched by Power
- All travel and food paid for during domestic and international events
- Opportunities to further develop skills by attending workshops and department conferences
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.