We’re a full-service, in-house creative agency within the nation’s largest home remodeler seeking a Communications Specialist to join our team. Recognized by Glassdoor, FORTUNE, Inc., and Entrepreneur magazine as one of the top workplaces in the country, we frequently rank ahead of companies like Google and Facebook. Power is growing quickly—opening 10 new offices in the next five years and eclipsing $1B in annual revenue. Similarly, our in-house creative agency is a young, fast-paced, and innovative brand shop nationally recognized for our work, including an integrated communications campaign resulting in over 2 billion impressions for our brand. We’re looking for a dynamic candidate with a minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated experience, preferably within an agency environment.
As Communications Specialist, you will be responsible for creating, managing, and supporting external communications across a wide-range of thought leadership topics from technology to diversity to home and lifestyle. Working directly with the Vice President of Corporate Communications, you will collaborate with leadership and internal clients to help plan and execute external programs that build and protect the company’s brand and reputation, and ensure consistent messaging.
The successful candidate is a team player, creative thinker, and proactive taskmaster with an execution-oriented mindset and can work at both strategic and tactical levels to deliver high-value communications results.
To learn more about Power’s Communications division, click here to listen to our Vice President of Corporate Communications on Philly Ad Club’s Adcast.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with senior leadership to develop and drive external communications plans that strategically position Power and its thought leaders
- Become accepted as a trusted advisor and provide strategic communications counsel
- Serve as a key media contact and actively work to enhance and cultivate relationships with the media
- Prepare thought leaders for media interviews and speaking engagements
- Assist in the management of external PR agency resources
- Employ strong project management skills and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, consistently delivering high quality results
- Oversee the Corporate Communications division’s internship program
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- Field of study: Communications, Journalism, Business Writing
- 3-5 years of Public Relations experience, preferably within an agency
- Ability to identify story angles and trends, and articulate to appropriate media
- Very strong presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate across a variety of stakeholder groups (technical subject matter experts to business owners), with ability to present complex information in easily understandable format and tailored to audiences
- Handling a fast-paced environment while prioritizing to meet deadlines
- General knowledge of media landscape and demonstrated relationships with media/journalists. Desire to grow and adjust/enhance those relationships over time
- Understanding of social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Snapchat and other popular or emerging sites
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience with PR platforms & media database contact software
- Team player and Collaborator. Excellent communication skills
- Organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family
- Paid Parental Leave and Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Free health screenings and rewards for participation in wellness programs
- Ample paid vacation and holidays
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program, matched by Power
- An artfully designed office space to match your creative drive
- Free food and entertainment on every first Friday of summer
- Opportunities to further develop skills and attend leadership conferences and summits
- A robust social program filled with events, and activities, including a company trip to a tropical destination for you and a significant other
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.